Want to volunteer?
Use the contact form or send an email to email@example.com.
When responding to volunteer at the festival, please indicate a preferred area or previous experience. We will try to make it fit but also please appreciate our needs may be in other areas. Thanks for you understanding!
- Welcome attendees!
- Taking tickets, affixing wristbands
- Selling tickets and day passes
- Checking passes
- Checking performers in
- Typically 2 hour shifts scheduled Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday
Site Prep – Pre and Post Festival
- Clearing brush, deadfall, trees
- Mowing and whipper snipping
- Could be day or two of work in April or May doing heavy clearing with chain saws
- Another few days in June to do brush and grass clearing
- Another day or 2 in June nearer the 30th to do final mowing and cleanup
- Setup temporary structures which could include event tents, stage area
- Post Festival (i.e. Sunday-Monday) chores: Take down temporary structures. Help with festival/camping area clean up (collecting garbage, cans, etc.) Tear down and box up festival goods for storage.
- Various shifts. Must be physically able. Pickup truck and/or tools would be a bonus.
- Clean and tidy performer RV accommodation provided by the festival
- Ensure beds and units are ready for each incoming performer following the prescribed schedule.
- Shifts to be determined
- Selling miscellaneous items; tee shirts, performer merchandise ice, etc.
- Provide site information
- Keep a balance of float and stock
- Record all sales
- 4 hour shifts, noon to 8 pm.
- Leads to organize shifts and supervise as required.
- Welcoming attendees at Gate
- Directing campers to suitable available areas/sites
- Guiding trailers/motor homes
- Directing weekend and day parking areas according to plan/availability
- Monitoring and advising parking and camping availability
- 2 – 4 hour shifts beginning Thursday noon, all day Friday and Saturday
Food and Hospitality
- Serve and monitor food for performers and VIPs
- Kitchen assistance and cleaning duties
- 2 to 3 hours shifts to be determined
- Suitable for RN’s, Paramedics, EMT’s, First aiders
- Provide emergency treatment as necessary typical of camping/festival environments
- Supplies and equipment provided
- 4 hour shifts to be determined
- Also a need for “on call” situations after last shift ends
- Leads required to organize shifts and supervise as required.
- Some compensation or incentives may be available
- St. John’s Ambulance Edmonton is also hoping to contribute volunteer personnel
- A beautiful Wild Oats and Notes 2022 Volunteer Tee shirt!
- Volunteer BBQ party on Sunday with live music!
- Early access to camping choices!
- Special pricing or Free passes dependent on time commitment and duties
- Behind the scenes involvement in one of the coolest little Festivals in Western Canada!